Overcoming the punch

In a story from the New York Times, via the Arizona Republic, American's most famous, and infamous, basketball alum, Kermit Washington talks about why he has worked so hard to get a chance to coach in the National Basketball Developmental League after being blacklisted by the NBA for the past 27 years because of the punch he laid on Rudy Tomjanovich:
"I'm not doing it for the change of perception. I love working with players. More than anything else, I enjoy working with athletes who want to get better. I'm certainly not doing it for the money. I could make more cleaning streets," he added with a laugh, estimating his gross pay for the remaining two months of the season to be about $12,000.
Washington admits, though, he hopes this is a step to getting back to the NBA as a coach.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

©2005 Hoop Time. All rights reserved.