Dunphy rips Lafayette non-scholarship stance

Penn coach Fran Dunphy had some interesting comments after last week's win over his former assistant Fran O'Hanlon's non-scholarship Lafayette Leopards.

In a good column in today's Express-Times, Corky Blake has this quote from Dunphy:
"I know he (O'Hanlon) doesn't want me saying anything, but I honestly don't get it what's going on here. He (O'Hanlon) is the best coach I know, and I can't imagine putting him in a more difficult situation. He's in a league in which everyone else is giving scholarships and they don't."
Only thing missing from all the analysis of scholarship vs. non-scholarship was a mention of the fact that the non-scholarship Ivies took the season series from the scholarship Patriots.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

©2005 Hoop Time. All rights reserved.